Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Day Back

And it doesn't even feel like I left! Today went pretty well. It did not start off on the best note (I threw up this morning YUCK!, and then my morning patient was not coming) Luckily my dear old dad was able to come in and fill his spot.
And then my afternoon patient DID come, WOOHOO! I was able to do some injections, which were a little hairy. I have not done any in so long, I felt a little awkward. I need to really focus on not pulling the needle out when aspirating and pushing when injecting. Next time I will try to keep that in mind. It just takes practice. I really think I've only done about 15 injections on patients so it is coming.

I guess it was a good day, Now I just need to eat :)

~13 weeks~ :)

3 comments:

The Pyper's! said...

you threw up! Sad I am sorry I hope that doesn't happen too many more days for you! Anyway I think you should just carry food around in your scrubs pocket then you won't be sick! :)

chelson said...

That whole injection thing is a little tricky when we do it so few an far between. I guess it will come right? That's what they've been telling us about everything with the program so I have good faith in their optimisim :)

Claire said...

I think if I had thrown up I would just stay home. You're tough. That was nice of your dad to come in. Family is the greatest!