Friday, February 18, 2011

Trying Harder To Be Better

Sooo...



Nate is taking ths Stress Management class and I have been reading the book and actually enjoying it!



I know weird, I thought I was soooooo done with school. It is amazing how fun learning is when it is actually something that you want to do and not because you have to. So, I can't believe how much I have learned about myself and my emotions from this class. If any one is still in school or wants to take a class I highly recommend Stress Management from Dr. Olpin.



Anyway, one of the last chapters I read was about being more mindful. I thought I understood what this word meant, but I don't think I really did. When I stopped and examined it, I can't believe how much of my day is spent thinking about the next thing that I have to get done. I do not take the time to enjoy each moment. I am trying harder to do this because that is exactly what being mindful entails. I have had some of the best stress free and worry free days when I try to be in the moment and enjoy what is going on right now.



No matter what you do you can't change the past so why worry about it?

The future isn't even here yet, so why waste time worrying about that?

But you have this amazaing moment right here and right now. What are you going to do with it?



That is sort of what I have gathered from being mindful. It is a pretty neat thing.

It is sort of crazy how much of what I have been reading totally makes sense, but it wasn't until I read it that I realized how simple being stress free can be :)



I guess my ultimate goal is to take more time to enjoy my every day moments with these little sweeties:

2 comments:

~adelle said...

Funny how the easiest things to understand are often the hardest to live. My new motto is "be where your feet are." Which, basically means the same as being mindful. Life is sure better when you can do it. :) Good to see you the other day.

Brooke said...

Wow!! Who knew you were so smart Mind! Just kidding you've always been very smart. I love the advice and totally agree. I definately can do better about living in the moment. I had so much fun today it was like old times (without the trying to hit on guys part) either way I LOVED IT! I'm always grateful for my wonderful friends! Thanks again. You are an amazing woman! Luv ya!